Do you want to know how to start VTU business in Nigeria with just ₦1000?
VTU business has been growing fast in Nigeria now as the telecommunication business yielded 1.97 trillion within six months according to TheGuardian.
More and more people are moving online to make airtime and data purchases, you don’t need to purchase from physical telecommunication vendors anymore.
In this detailed guide, we are going to reveal to you how you can start your own VTU business in Nigeria so you can get a good share from the trillions of profit hauled off by banks and other big organizations that offer VTU service.
But before that, let’s take a look at what VTU business really is…
What is VTU business?
VTU (Virtual Top Up) is a small-scale telecommunication business, a popular side hustle that has been uproaring and gathering Nigerian youths’ traction.
You will be helping people purchase airtime and data bundles (MTN, GLO, Airtel, 9Mobile), pay Cable TV subscriptions, PHCN bills, and others.
Starting with a low capital of ₦1,000 will get you somewhere as you really don’t need much capital to launch your own VTU business.
Tools needed to start a VTU business in Nigeria
Before you can even decide on starting a VTU business, there are some basic business tools that will be needed to carry out operations smoothly. Below are 5 essential tools you are going to utilize:
- A desktop or mobile device – A personal laptop or a good smartphone with a 4-5G network will be needed so as not to encounter transaction delay or bad connection.
- An active bank account – Register for a new bank account if you want to take this business seriously. So you will be able to receive payment from customers patronizing you and also pay for your VTU bundle.
- Internet connection – A stable internet connection (4-5G) is required to chat with customers online and also browse your VTU platform.
- A reliable VTU platform – Choose a reliable VTU platform with low fees and will also guarantee high earnings. We are going to use the Jumia one platform in this guide.
- Business advertisement strategies – After launching your business, you need to advertise to a potential customer that will transact with you. Get yourself a solid advertisement plan so as to succeed.
You can advertise on social media channels such as Facebook, Instagram, Whatsapp TV’s, Telegram, or Twitter.
Best VTU business platform (Jumia One)
Jumia one, now Jumia pay is the VTU platform you’re going to start your business with.
Because it is free to sign up, you can get 3%-5% cashback which is pretty high compared to other VTU platforms, they have a high range of services and you will not be limited to few options such as airtime and data recharge, PHCN bills, and Cable TV subs.
With Jumia pay, you can help people buy games vouchers, Itunes and Google play vouchers, pay for hotels, flights, shopping, Uber and even betting sites.
Follow the steps below to register:
How to register for Jumia one
1. Obviously, the first thing you need to do is to register an account, visit Jumia one here to sign up for an account.
3. Once the installation process is done, open up the app and log in with your credentials.
4. When you’re ready to transact with a client, open the app and select Airtime, assuming the client wants to recharge.
5. Select the service provider, whether it’s MTN, GLO, AIRTEL, or 9MOBILE, enter your client mobile number and enter the amount of airtime to be purchased.
6. Click Next, you will now be required to add your ATM card details so as to pay for the Airtime, make sure to check the order it every info imputed is correct.
7. If it is correct, click on PAY NOW, an OTP code will be sent to your added mobile number. Enter the code, enter it in the provided box to confirm the transaction.
8. After the transaction is completed, you will get a 3%-5% cashback depending on the amount of transaction you make. This will fetch you a really good amount of side hustle passive income.
Thanks for reading to the end, we really do hope this will clear your question on “how to start VTU business in Nigeria”. Now follow the simple and easy-to-follow instructions on this guide to start your own side business.
If you still have any questions or queries, do not hesitate to comment down below.